How do you select the right technology for your event?
Monday, 2013, July 8 - 1:15pm
Here are 6 tips for selecting the right technology for your event:
- Use your knowledge of your participants to help guide your decision. What engages them, and how can that engagement be amplified by technology.
- Create some business goals and metrics before selecting technology. Knowing why you want to add technology to an event can be the easiest way to figure out what you need. Just make sure to consider what the attendees want and need to get out of the event.
- Have you asked your participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors) what they want? They may not know about technology, but asking them what kind of event experience they want to have can help in the technology selection process. It's also a perfect time to ask what kind of mobile device they have.
- Don't be afraid to try multiple new things at once. Focus on the things that you can implement and measure for success. If something didn't work, make sure to spend time looking at the reason for failure so that you can avoid future mistakes and determine future needs.
- Speak with the different departments in your organization to help them find a technology solution for something they have been working on and consider how this can be used before and after the event.
- Don't treat all your members the same. It's likely you'll have several age groups at one event, so you may need to provide different solutions for different groups. Personalized experiences go a long way in digital satisfaction.